Saturday, October 3, 2009

Visitors...







Nana (my mum) and his Aunty Glenda (my sister) came up for a visit yesterday and had a little cuddle with him. He was wide awake and being all cute. Glenda could not believe how small he was! Mum saw him the day after he was born and although my brothers son was born at 33 weeks, he was still 2000 grams! I don't think she was prepared for our micro-preemie!

Everything is going so well and we are so so so lucky. Spoke to another parent in the tea room and his daughter is still on oxygen and not feeding well at 38 weeks after being born at 27 weeks. She was on CPAP for 9 weeks and they just can't wean her from the little bit of oxygen she is still on and she is only mildly interested in a bottle and not interested in the breast.

Funnily, we had him out for a kangaroo cuddle and he wriggled on my chest so much he got his face first on me and started to lick me with his tongue and then tried to suck on my chest. I said wrong mumma Noah, so Kim and I swapped places but he fell asleep. I don't think we will have too much trouble in that department either!!

He is just doing so well and we are so proud of him and eternally thankful to everyone here and abroad that are praying for him so much. It's working, it is working I believe!

2 comments:

  1. Aww so sweet! One of our twins was on oxygen the whole time (nasal cannula) and as much as we tried we could not wean him off the very small amount he was on and he was born at 31 weeks. Once he came home (on O2) he was off within a month... funny how that works!

    You are lucky Noah doesn't have an O2 requirement anymore, because that means he will be home much sooner! As for the breastfeeding, it CAN BE DONE! I was told it would be hard (and it was) but its so worth the work and I've got twin preemies!

    Kangarooing is the best for lil Noah...You two are doing amazing and he will be all the better for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's doing so well! And so are the two of you. He's a lucky boy to have such great mummies!

    ReplyDelete